WHO ARE THE REDEEMERS?
CLICK TO FIND OUT

Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets


"Your stuff looks great and I really like the concept.
... I think the "touring band of supernaturals" setting is ripe for all kinds of cool stories"
-Dan Berger, Mirage Studios, Editor, Tales of the TMNT Vol 4

"
Eric Rampson, the guy who writes it, is a big fan of Joss Whedon, and that’s definitely noticeable in this comic. Wil Brendel, the artist and letterer, has a great style; he makes a guitarist with wings and a guitar sword (that’s right, a guitar sword) look realistic and fantastic at the same time"
-Amanda Lanyon-LeSage, Founder, Do Nothing But Read Day (dnbrd.org)

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Swimming in groupies!

Don't you WISH you had problems like the Redeemers!? They have to beat the beautiful women away with a stick! Or a magical guitarblade. One of the two.


DESIGN NOTES:

J-Pop Groupie- This one is based loosely on a few different sources. The first and most notable are "the Fooks", Mi and Yu from Austin Powers 3. Next is the silly outfit Kirsten Dunst wears in the music video for Turning Japanese. And the last source is simply my Google search for general J-Pop fashion.

Cougar- This one gave me a bit of trouble, surprisingly. Mainly because there wasn't much of a stereotype to play off of and emphasize. Eventually I wound up giving the character low-riders and a shorter undershirt, and that wound up working pretty well.

Catie Cameo Groupie- As I said previously, my girlfriend Kim and her friend Catie have been helping me out with these groupies, giving me design critiques on the first drafts. As a thank you, I'm inserting them into two of the remaining groupie slots. Catie's design was completely unchanged from my concept, except for a slight tweak to her haircut and I reversed her nose and lip rings by mistake originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment