WHO ARE THE REDEEMERS?
CLICK TO FIND OUT

Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets


"Your stuff looks great and I really like the concept.
... I think the "touring band of supernaturals" setting is ripe for all kinds of cool stories"
-Dan Berger, Mirage Studios, Editor, Tales of the TMNT Vol 4

"
Eric Rampson, the guy who writes it, is a big fan of Joss Whedon, and that’s definitely noticeable in this comic. Wil Brendel, the artist and letterer, has a great style; he makes a guitarist with wings and a guitar sword (that’s right, a guitar sword) look realistic and fantastic at the same time"
-Amanda Lanyon-LeSage, Founder, Do Nothing But Read Day (dnbrd.org)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last two!

With these two, all the groupies for Redeemers #2 are designed! Production on the actual book will start tonight!
DESIGN NOTES:

Fashionista Groupie- This one was tough to design, given how little fashion sense I have myself. Fortunately, there was a fashion design major at my college so I was able to loosely recall how they dressed and looked. I think the most blatant stereotype on her is the oversized, squareish sunglasses, and that rounds out the character nicely.

Retro Groupie- I had no idea what I was going to do for the twelfth groupie. At least no good ideas. My original idea was to model her after Emma Stone's character, Wichita, from Zombieland. My friend Monica helped me to spitball a few other archetypes, and eventually we came up with "Vintage", and basically made a 50's pinup style girl. Kim mentioned that she was reminded of Janine from Ghostbusters so I added the silly triangle earrings as a tribute to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment