WHO ARE THE REDEEMERS?
CLICK TO FIND OUT

Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets


"Your stuff looks great and I really like the concept.
... I think the "touring band of supernaturals" setting is ripe for all kinds of cool stories"
-Dan Berger, Mirage Studios, Editor, Tales of the TMNT Vol 4

"
Eric Rampson, the guy who writes it, is a big fan of Joss Whedon, and that’s definitely noticeable in this comic. Wil Brendel, the artist and letterer, has a great style; he makes a guitarist with wings and a guitar sword (that’s right, a guitar sword) look realistic and fantastic at the same time"
-Amanda Lanyon-LeSage, Founder, Do Nothing But Read Day (dnbrd.org)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Groupies!


Another set of groupies for the second issue of The Redeemers! Speaking of, we're shooting for a release of the book to coincide with this years Wizard World/Chicago Comic Con/whatever they're calling it this year, and if all goes as planned we'll have a convention exclusive variant cover for this issue! Get your tickets now and come see us at the Lonely Robot Comics booth in Artist's Alley!

DESIGN NOTES:
Afro Babe- This is the one that had the furthest departure from my initial concept on this set, though not to the extreme of the Bookworm (see setA). Basically I had to learn how to draw a black woman's face. I also made the afro a bit bigger, added bracelets and a necklace, and changed the belt to a sash. Oh, and different shoes.

Biker/Rocker Groupie- Like the Afro Babe, this one had very little changes done to it. In fact, the only change I made was to the face. I liked the idea of my biker chick being an American Indian for some reason, and I rooted through my old VHS tapes for my copy of Disney's Pocahontas to emulate how they caricatured a Native American woman's face.

Kim Cameo Groupie- As I said previously, my girlfriend Kim and her friend Catie have been helping me out with these groupies, giving me design critiques on the first drafts. As a thank you, I'm inserting them into two of the remaining groupie slots. Kim's design was completely unchanged from my concept, I just wanted a larger image in high res.

No comments:

Post a Comment