WHO ARE THE REDEEMERS?
CLICK TO FIND OUT

Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets Redeemers Model Sheets


"Your stuff looks great and I really like the concept.
... I think the "touring band of supernaturals" setting is ripe for all kinds of cool stories"
-Dan Berger, Mirage Studios, Editor, Tales of the TMNT Vol 4

"
Eric Rampson, the guy who writes it, is a big fan of Joss Whedon, and that’s definitely noticeable in this comic. Wil Brendel, the artist and letterer, has a great style; he makes a guitarist with wings and a guitar sword (that’s right, a guitar sword) look realistic and fantastic at the same time"
-Amanda Lanyon-LeSage, Founder, Do Nothing But Read Day (dnbrd.org)

Friday, May 7, 2010

Groupies!


These are final designs for three of the groupie archetypes that will be appearing in Redeemers #2. Have some design notes!
Goth/Emo Groupie - This gal is a hodge podge from a couple of different inspirational sources. She's simultaneously based off a couple of my friends from back in high school (Michigan high school in 2004/2005, I had a lot of goth friends), and some advice and recommendations from my girlfriend, Kim and her friend Catie.

Bookworm Groupie - I flip-flopped a lot on the design of this one. My initial concept was for a voluptuous librarian type, but I didn't think that that would work especially well for a groupie. I thought about doing a tribute to Velma from Scooby-Doo and changing the colors, but that seemed too much of a cop out. Eventually I decided on a tribute to Kevin Smith and redesigned the character after Tricia the prodigious girl from Mallrats.

Twins Groupies - The simplest way to describe my concept on this set is the Olsen twins meets the jock's girlfriends from high school. Not a whole lot more to it than that. I have to again credit Kim and Catie for helping me refine my initial concept, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment